• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CRA's on defense!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bigun

What is the name of your state?

At www.creditnet.com someone posted a link to an article about a $5.3 million dollar verdict returned against Trans Union yesterday in Oregon. I can't make the link work but it is worth looking at if you have issues with a CRA reporting incorrect information. The lawsuit was for FCRA viloations. Apparently files of 2 people had been mixed. One had great credit and one poor credit. This lady fought for 6 years to get the problem resolved. $5.3 million is a nice payoff!

Ladynred

A win for the consumer !!!!

Huge payback !!! Its about time somebody proved and won their case against these arrogant, self-serving CRA's !!!

bigun

Other sites are posting more details. It's amazing and scary in that it couls happen to anyone and TU could care less.

This lady reports the inaccurate listings on her report. TU verifies. SHe then becomes her on dective and actually find the person who the "baddies" belong to and gets statments from the creditors that this is the wrong person and TU still mucks it up!

Credit reports are just too important to everyday life to just let a CRA half@@@ it. I mean, not only does it affect your cost and access to credit but, it can affect your employment prospects, your access and price to insurance, the ability to open a bank account. I imagine that jury got an eye opening education on just how inaccurate information can affect your daily life.

A

a neighbor

*Does happy dance for the woman* But on the other hand if she tracked down the other person on her own, scarey how easy it is these days to find someone!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">