• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Creative Commons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zaxx81

1) Can works protected under 'Creative Commons: Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (CC BY-NC-SA)' be published on a site at no cost to users that is supported by ads and/or sponsors? The "non-commercial" term is throwing me, since the content would be provided for free, but I would be making money from advertisers or receiving money from sponsors to keep the site going.

2) Can I provide hyperlinks on a commercial site to works protected under 'Creative Commons: Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (CC BY-NC-SA)' since I am not actually distributing the content? For example I have developed a programming course, and I provide a link to a lecture video from an MIT professor that published his video to the web with the CC BY-NC-SA. The video is hosted on ocw.mit.edu, so I am not distributing the works with my commercial course.

Definition (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/)
This license lets others remix, tweak, and build upon your work non-commercially, as long as they credit you and license their new creations under the identical terms.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">