• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit Card Charge Dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MamaLuna

What is the name of your state?CO

I am taking a trip to Chicago next week. I thought I was to fly in to Midway. I had not purchased my ticket yet but found a good rate on a rental car through Hotwire so I reserved it.

Well I find out I need to fly in to Ohare. So I went to cancel the first reservation but did not see a spot to do that so I figured I'd call. But first I wanted to reserve a car at Ohare. Just as I hit the "Book trip" button I saw a blurb that said all sales are final. :eek:

I called Hotwire and they refused to cancel the reservation for the first car. They said I agreed to the terms. I argued that there has to be a way to cancel it...I've never heard of a car reservation you could not cancel and they have got to have a way out for people who inadvertently reserve a car for the wrong date or makes an error for whatever reason. It's a week in advance and I'm not using the car. They said that in order to ensure such a low rate they guranteed the Rental Co's they would not cancel reservations. (The rates are not THAT low)

As soon as the charge hits my card I intend on disputing it. I am not receiving the goods and/or services purchased. I have never heard of not being able to cancel a car reservation. I guess I know NOW!!!

What are the chances of me getting this charge knocked off?

Veronica1228

MamaLuna said:
What is the name of your state?CO

I am taking a trip to Chicago next week. I thought I was to fly in to Midway. I had not purchased my ticket yet but found a good rate on a rental car through Hotwire so I reserved it.

Well I find out I need to fly in to Ohare. So I went to cancel the first reservation but did not see a spot to do that so I figured I'd call. But first I wanted to reserve a car at Ohare. Just as I hit the "Book trip" button I saw a blurb that said all sales are final. :eek:

I called Hotwire and they refused to cancel the reservation for the first car. They said I agreed to the terms. I argued that there has to be a way to cancel it...I've never heard of a car reservation you could not cancel and they have got to have a way out for people who inadvertently reserve a car for the wrong date or makes an error for whatever reason. It's a week in advance and I'm not using the car. They said that in order to ensure such a low rate they guranteed the Rental Co's they would not cancel reservations. (The rates are not THAT low)

As soon as the charge hits my card I intend on disputing it. I am not receiving the goods and/or services purchased. I have never heard of not being able to cancel a car reservation. I guess I know NOW!!!

What are the chances of me getting this charge knocked off?
I concur that you agreed to the conditions even if you missed the "blurb" regarding refunds. It was posted and it is your error for not checking your purchase carefully. If you dispute the charge you will have to claim that it was unauthorized. Your CC company or bank will most likely have you fill out an affi which is basically a legal document. If you falsify any information on it it is considered perjury. I recommend that you NOT do this.

Sorry, but I have a feeling that you are out the money.

Ladynred

Unfortunately, this is the risk you take when using services such as HotWire and Priceline - there are no refunds and you're stuck with tickets and reservations if you don't use them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">