• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit card charge in dispute, can I obtain a copy of recorded conference call?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JustOneStarfish

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

Hello to all.

I made a reservation on Dec 3 for 2 nights at a hotel in South Carolina, Dec 27/28. The hotel is part of a large chain of which I am a very frequent traveler and have Platinum rewards status, and I am very familiar with their policies. The trip had to be cancelled due to a family member's illness, and the cancellation was done well within the chain's guidelines. It was cx on Dec 26 at 10AM, and the chain's guidelines are cx by 4PM on day of arrival.

The hotel is refusing to refund the first night's stay, saying THEIR policy is 72 hours before arrival. That is neither obvious nor prominently shown on their website, and the consumer only gets this information AFTER the reservation is made, as a link in tiny print at the bottom of the confirmation email.

I put the credit card charges in dispute, and had a 3 way conference call initiated by my credit card company with me, the hotel, and the credit card company. In that conversation, the female from the hotel said several times, "we are not affiliated with (XXXX) group, and don't have to follow their policies." I said, "pardon me, but if you are a (XXX) hotel, you ARE affiliated with (XXXX) group."

The hotel is denying this conversation ever took place, saying they never spoke with anyone at the credit card company, and is denying that any of their employees ever said such a thing. While I will probably lose the dispute for the charges, I think it's important that the corporate group of the large chain know that this is being said. Can I get a copy of the credit card company's recoding?

Thank you.

adjusterjack

Can I get a copy of the credit card company's recoding?
You can ask but I doubt if you can compel production of the recording unless you sue the hotel and subpoena the recording.

You might want to look up the ownership of that hotel location. Might be a franchise location that's privately owned.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">