• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

credit card collection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Anita Selvidge

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma
My son, while in college, received a credit card. I think the credit limit was $3000. Due to family financial problems I was unable to help him make payments and he had lost his part-time job. To make a long story short the card went into collections and now the balance is about $8000 with interest and late fees. A canadian firm has the debt and bug him all the time. He has been paying $150 per month, but now they say that is not enough and will garnishee if he does not increase the monthly payment substantially. He tried to negotiate a small payoff and was going to try and borrow $3000 to pay it off if they would agree. They have said absolutely not, they want the whole amount and if he does not pay at least $300 per month they will garnishee. Do we have any recourse at all?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">