• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

credit card debt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

brokeassmom

What is the name of your state? Kentucky
Hi. Actually only have one credit card. Capital one. I admit that I was late with a payment. The late fee overdrew my account and now have a over draw fee. 60.00 a month. This started out as a small credit card and I have developed a monster. I have actually didged the phone because although these nice people (haha) say they want to help they scare me to death. I have talked to them several times and asked to make a payment of 100.00 a month. The account is now 1200.00 They tell me they will not accept my payment. They want 475.00 a month. I just can't do that. So I hide from the phone some more and then they catch me again. I try again to arrange 100.00 monthly payments. They say no. They tell me my credit is not that bad and maybe I could borrow money. i am suposed to call back Sat. with my plan. Either a settlement of 900.00 or 475.00 a month for the next 3 months. I have called my family for help and looks like I am on my own. If I start sending them payments of 100.00 a month can they actually refuse my payment. How long before they will actually guarnish my check. Help

Ladynred

Crap1 is a nasty bunch of cretins and fools.

How long has it been since you last paid Crap1 a regular payment ?

Don't cave in to their pressure tactics and false deadlines - they're full of crapola 99% of the time. That's how they work..scare you to death (if you let them) and try to make you pay more than you can afford. Don't call them with anything.. send them the $100 a month if you can afford it and just do NOT take their calls. Its pointless to argue with them.. its like talking to a brick wall.

If the account hasn't been charged-off yet (6 months of non-payment), then you're still dealing with Crap1's in-house collections and they are not bound by the FDCPA and get away with all kinds of nasty tactics. They're also unlikely to sue you before charge-off. Even after charge-off, it could be some time before they go so far as to try to sue you.

NO ONE can garnish your check until they sue you first, then win a judgment, THEN they can go after your wages. All that takes time, so its certainly NOT going to happen within days. Ignore their Saturday deadline.. and don't call them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">