• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit Card Debt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

For a $50,000 debt, I do not think Krishna10 is safe from suit.

If s/he has any assets in the US or is working for a US employer overseas or is in Canada or Mexico, Krishna might find the debt is collectible.

Krishna10

For a $50,000 debt, I do not think Krishna10 is safe from suit.

If s/he has any assets in the US or is working for a US employer overseas or is in Canada or Mexico, Krishna might find the debt is collectible.
is there way i can escape from this debt?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I am asking any suggestions, i am intended to pay but i don't have any options i have no money or assets
is there any other options ?
How did you secure that much credit to begin with? Did you lie? Did you exaggerate? Did you include others' income? You will be expected to pay. You could even be charged criminally with a felony.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
I am asking any suggestions, i am intended to pay but i don't have any options i have no money or assets
is there any other options ?
Your claim that you intended to pay seems a bit hollow when you says you have "no money or assets." I mean, how did you expect to pay it when you knew you when you got the card you didn't have the money to pay it? Did you expect the money to magically appear out of thin air? And how in the world did you rack up $50,000 on a credit card when you were here on just a 5 month visa? That's quite a spending spree. The lack of money to pay along with that kind of spending might suggest fraud: i.e. that you took out the debt never intending to repay it.

And if you lied at all on the application for the credit (and its hard to imagine getting $50,000 in unsecured credit when you have no money or assets) that would clearly be a crime of fraud.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">