• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

credit card didn't do as they said

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

trisha1018

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

I signed a 3 year contract with a company that turned out was providing me little service. This company was taking its monthy payments from my Visa Credit Card.

After 2 years with this merchant I had had enough and called my credit card asking what my rights were (from a credit card standpoint) since there was an early cancellation fee that I didnt' want to have to pay. I asked my credit card what my rights were since this merchant was charging that card.

To make a very long story short...The credit card and myself and the merchant got on the phone (3 way call) and my credit card tells them to go ahead and disconnect my service and that if they were not willing to protect me that They (being the credit card) would protect me and that I wouldn't have to pay anything for lack of service. I made it perfectly clear to Visa before the phone call with the merchant,,, during the phone call and after the phone call that I didn't want to have to pay any fees what so ever I just wanted to know my rights. If I would be fully protected and wouldn't have to pay any fees from the merchant that I did want out of the contract. The credit card (First National BankCard) Promised that I was protected.

In the end what they did was perform a charge back to the merchant and the merchant in turn has turned it over to collections.

I feel that from the moment the credit card told me that I was protected and taken care of that it is now an issue with the credit card and NOT the merchant anymore.

Now the credit card says they are not interested in dealing with this matter anymore.

I DID NOT give the credit card permission to cancel this service if it would cost me any money at all.

What can I do???

I can provide further details if any are requested. This is a very brief over view of the problem

Thanks!

Last edited:

stephenk

So you believed VISA was going to pay the merchant the money you were supposed to pay? Why would visa agree to that?

visa did what you wanted. They didnt charge your card. The merchant can now decide to go after you for what he thinks you owe him. visa isnt responsible for your bills.

T

trisha1018

no no no.. you didn't understand my post at all

thanks anyway.

Ladynred

Perhaps you could restate your question so that we know exactly what it is you're asking. Your post is a bit confusing as to what you expected the credit card company was going to do for you.. and then didn't.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">