• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit Card Dispute Seems Off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bluefavorite

A company made a mess of a custom jacket. But it was fixable, but they can't fix it. They had terrible cs, unwilling to work with me and I found a shop who is fixing it. I purchased it as they did not make the jacket, they messed.up sewing patches on ans failed to.order some. This is a HS Letter Jacket.

So, another company almost has it finished. I disputed the charge after they were unwillimg to help me in any way. My bank said I should disput it all. I was only going to dispute what I am out fixing it plus gas.

My issue, this cc company asked for photos. I have faxed them 3 times and today I just sent them priority mail w signature to the address the cc company gave me. They ONLY take fax or mailed. I keep asking if they can confirm if thry ever got my faxes and reps say they cant see that info. What? Mind you one rep had chickens crowing in the background. Is it common for cc companies to have little to no access to info in a dispute. I am exhausted i have been dealing with this terrible local store since June and now my CC company is frustrating. I clearly have a case, the stitching is heaved up, pulled, uneven, embroidered name is sideways and sloppy - it is bad. Since it could be fixed and at the time i knew of no other store i bought it hoping i could fix it and found a second store in a couple days...thankfully!!

adjusterjack

Your dispute is with the company that sold you the jacket.

A CC chargeback is never guaranteed. If you want it you deal with whatever hassle the CC company puts you through.

Bluefavorite

Your dispute is with the company that sold you the jacket.

A CC chargeback is never guaranteed. If you want it you deal with whatever hassle the CC company puts you through.
My question is is it normal for them to not have easier ways of submitting info?

Also, I have yet to ever lose a CB in my life. I WANT them to see the photos they request I just cannot get anyone to confirm they RECEIVED them. Tjey say they dont have access to that info. Is that normal? Paypal has always settled mine in a week
mybank within a couple and they had very easy ways of sending pics.

I mean even if i lose I am suing them in small claims.

quincy

My question is is it normal for them to not have easier ways of submitting info?

Also, I have yet to ever lose a CB in my life. I WANT them to see the photos they request I just cannot get anyone to confirm they RECEIVED them. Tjey say they dont have access to that info. Is that normal? Paypal has always settled mine in a week
mybank within a couple and they had very easy ways of sending pics.

I mean even if i lose I am suing them in small claims.
Are you still living in Kentucky? Are the companies you have been dealing with local companies?

Companies need to have contact information available to consumers. It is impossible to say just how “normal” or not normal it is to accept submissions. I assume most companies now have emails and you can add attachments.

FarmerJ

In your future When a customer is told that matters can be addressed via Mail and one wishes to make sure the letter is sent certified mail can do the trick , this way the person who sends mail has a way to know for sure that the mailed item was sent because if the one you send mail to wont sign or pick it up then after two attempts to deliver it will be returned by the post office to you and stamped accordingly.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You purchased a jacket KNOWING the condition it was in and then proceeded to have additional work done. I'm on the side of the vendor here. You bought a fixer-upper and now want them to pay for the fixing...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">