• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

credit card fraud?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

needharmony

What is the name of your state? ga.

how can I see if my daughter who is just turning 17, has been used to try to get a credit card?
in other words, I keep getting creditcard offers in her name, could her Dad be trying to get a credit card using her ss# and now she is getting offers
I ask this because he and his wife are having bad money issues , I want to be sure he is not using here info to obtain credit, what would I do, do I have to have her permission to check her credit history?
thanks

abstract99

Teenagers just get them. Capital One is good with trying to get kids to sign up with them. Just because dad is broke doesn't mean that he is trying to scam her.

LdiJ

If you are really concerned, pull her credit report. She is a minor so you can do that. If dad has done anything it will show up on her report.

It happens far too frequently, so you aren't wrong to be concerned.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">