• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit card fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

ELNbluemax2

Just found out my credit card number was used in phone orders totally $400. In a state 500 miles away. Is $400 considered Grand Theft or Petty Theft??? I am pursuing this matter, since noone else at these stores seem to concerned since they've been paid by Visa. Please respond. Thanks

K

keeshy2

Didn't you try disputing the charges with the CC company? Usually you just fill out a copy of the back of the statement listing the disputed charges & the reason & mail it in. Then the CC company has to do all the work like get a copy of the receipt from the store to verify your signature...
My fiancee's CC number was stolen at a Blockbuster & used for $4500 of charges in CA (we live in VA). The CC company did not hold him liable since he immediately disputed the charges in writing. He also had them cancel that card & issue him a new account. No problems since then!

E

ELNbluemax2

Thanks to Keeshy for your reply. No, I won't be liable..I, also, got a new number, but, I'm just angry that there are these kind of low-life too lazy to work for the goodies they want and steal from others!!! I wanted to pursue it on my own and help the authorities, but, have been advised to just forget it, and leave it to them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">