• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit Card in Calif.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? California

When husband and I separated (not legally) over a year ago I took the smaller bills and paid them off. Husband is using one credit card which he has almost reached the limit of $12,500. It is in both our names. He doesn't have good prior credit so he said that if I let him use the credit card he will continue paying it off. I checked and he does use the card and does make the payments every month on time. I told him that is fine but I want my name off the account. He said if I cancel the card then he will stop paying on it and I will get stuck with a bad mark on my credit report. Can I get him to sign a paper that will hold him personally responsible for the balance due on that credit card account? If he doesn't sign, what can I do? I am living paycheck to paycheck so that $300/month payment would be impossible for me. Please advise and thank you for your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential