• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit card info stolen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PeterN

What is the name of your state? NY

my credit card info got stolen somehow and used for fraud. now the company that charged it says the purchase was valid because they were provided all the info from the card including the cvv

should i file a chargeback or just talk to the managers in the company?

ceara19

What is the name of your state? NY

my credit card info got stolen somehow and used for fraud. now the company that charged it says the purchase was valid because they were provided all the info from the card including the cvv

should i file a chargeback or just talk to the managers in the company?
You need to dispute the charge through your credit card company. Was the item purchased in a store or online?

ceara19

Yep. some online services. what's the difference
It's easier to trace online, mail order and phone purchases then "in person" purchases. They will be able to get the address the items were mailed to from the seller. I assume the items weren't actually sent to YOUR address?

PeterN

It's easier to trace online, mail order and phone purchases then "in person" purchases. They will be able to get the address the items were mailed to from the seller. I assume the items weren't actually sent to YOUR address?
actually no items were sent out. it's some online web site services that were purchased

Ladynred

What you NEED to do is file a police report ASAP. You also need to call the credit bureaus and place a fraud alert on your reports. If the charges were due to fraud, then you are not liable. Because the CC companies can't get money back from the thief, they will go after you, unless you fight them. But first you must go thru the steps to actually prove the fraud and the theft.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">