• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit card Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hdgirl27

My Mother passed away 18 months ago at age 60. No will, no assets, she was disabled and collecting SS. She did however have a credit card with Wal-Mart. All statements up until her death reflect that she was paying for credit debt insurance and also a life insurance policy. All being paid for and supplied by the credit service Wal-Mart uses. For the past year Wal-Mart has been trying to collect on her debt of approx. $575.00. We have given them every document they have asked for. Last statements, death certificates, prove of the debt insurance. They continue to send correspondence that eevrything we send is insufficent. We seem to be getting the runaround and I am tired of being told, "just send the correct statement and the case will be closed." Why hasn't her debt insurance or life insurance kicked in? I am trying to find out if there is anything I should or can be doing legally to remedy this mess. I am in California.

ALawyer

As you live in CA, contact the California Insurance Department to complain, and write also to the President and to the General Counsel of Wal-Mart in Arkansas (get their names and addess from the SEC reports they file - Yahoo Fianance also is a good source) . That will get you someone who will respond.

My guess is that they use a credit life insurance company, possibly American Bankers in Florida -- which my experience suggests is one of the worst around, although the sub of a big and ostensibly reputable firm, except to those of us who know otherwise.

You sometimes have to specifically file a claim form with the credit life insurance company and it does not make that easy, my guess is hoping people will give up and go away and pay the bills themselves to save the hassle.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">