• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit Card Late Fees!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

James48

What is the name of your state? New York
I paid my Credit Card online, I received a conformation that payment was received and posted to my Account! This was June 26th! Also checking my Account Status online it shows account up to date and payment received!
Now I get my July 26th Bill and it shows payment not received and a $58.00 Late Fee! I called my Bank and they state there was no attempt to withdraw monies! I called the Credit Card Company, HCS Union Card in MaryLand and they refuse to listen or compromise! They say I owe! This is Wrong! Please someone, what are my Avenues here? I do not owe them $58.00!

Jeter

Provide the company documentaton of your online payment and demand the charge be removed from your account. If they still refuse, transfer your entire balance to a new credit card company and let your credit card company know the reason why.

If you pay your credit cards online, you may want to bank online as well. An online credit card payment usually takes from 1 to 3 business days transaction time. In the future, pay your card and check your bank account frequently to ensure the funds were sent.

Jeter

J

James48

Yes! That I have done and no doubt I will close the card! Ive never had such Poor Service and treatment before!
A late fee of $20.00 I could see and probably just pay it and get it behind me! But this $58.00 is outrageous!

The Topper is I had a $15.60 Balance Due and thats what I had paid!
I ThankYou for your advice, I was hoping to find out of my legal resources if any??

Jeter

The best remedy for this situation is to call the credit card company and be a squeaky wheel. Call every rep in the office and speak to every supervisor until you get relief or they tell you to take a long walk off a short pier. Don't waste your time on legal recourse for $58. Worse case scenario, take it as a painful lesson learned and move on.

Jeter

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">