• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit card misuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Roxie94

Texas.
I was question two years ago about lost credit card never arrested or charged but two years later throw a warrant out for me and indictment. How is that?

quincy

Texas.
I was question two years ago about lost credit card never arrested or charged but two years later throw a warrant out for me and indictment. How is that?
Quite the puzzler, huh?

If you have no idea what is going on, I suggest you ask your attorney what it's all about. If you do not yet have an attorney, it would probably be smart for you to have one.

latigo

Texas.
Two years hence does seem unusual. Witnesses are often scattered by then. But then the Texas SOL on indicting for credit/debit card abuse is seven (7) years and theft is five (5).

What is noticeably absent here is any mention of your innocence of the charges. Which might cause one to suspect that you weren't being "questioned" about your lost credit card. (Clever how you glossed over that little detail.)

Anyway, unless you are thinking of becoming a fugitive and live in constant dread of an arrest, might be better to hire an attorney and surrender to the authorities. You wouldn't think they'd be totally confident in a case that has sat on someone's desk for two years.

Just Blue

Two years hence does seem unusual. Witnesses are often scattered by then. But then the Texas SOL on indicting for credit/debit card abuse is seven (7) years and theft is five (5).

What is noticeably absent here is any mention of your innocence of the charges. Which might cause one to suspect that you weren't being "questioned" about your lost credit card. (Clever how you glossed over that little detail.)

Anyway, unless you are thinking of becoming a fugitive and live in constant dread of an arrest, might be better to hire an attorney and surrender to the authorities. You wouldn't think they'd be totally confident in a case that has sat on someone's desk for two years.
I think OP, in illiterate kinda way, made it clear that this was not his/her card. The "throw a warrant out for me" was what did it for me> ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">