• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

credit collector calls

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sweetipie1977

What is the name of your state? Michigan
My boyfriend who lives with me has a terrible credit. but was mailed a preapproved credit card with a $1900 limit about 6-8 months ago. he called the day after recieveing the card, and found out he got it because it was under the wrong SS#. he told him his correct # but they never cancelled the card. He maxed out the card. (his fault I know.) they would not mail a bill for months, wanted him to pay online which he told then repeatedly he could not do since he had no checking account, or other cards. he had to pay by money order. after a few months when he finally got bill, the minimum amout is hundreds of dollars now with all kinds of late fees, overlimit fees, ect... and he cannot afford to pay it. I work midnights and sleep in the morning. They (the collectors) call continuously. about every 1/2 hour to hour. My boyfriend just started working a few days ago, and is working for 7:30am till late in the afternoon/evening monday through sat. I have told them not to call. that I work nights and they wake me up every half hour. I have told them my boyfriends hours, and told them not to call during those hours. I even got mad at one point and told them he does not live here any longer and the phone and house is all mine name, and has no proof of him living here. Is there ANY way I can make them stop calling???????

JETX

This question has been asked and answered on this forum literally hundreds (thousands) of times. Have you taken the time to do what it says at the top of the screen.... "Before posting a question, please check the Questions and Answers listed on the Home Page to see if your question was already covered or easily search over 155,000 previously posted questions and answers."

If you had done that, you would already have had your answer and been on your way to resolving your problem.

S

Sweetipie1977

thanks

wow thanks for all your help. I am so glad I sent hours this morning trying to figure out this site. I tried to read other postings, but all I could find was the list on the front. none of which had anything to do with my problem. Anyways thanks for all the great advice. you have been so helpful and friendly!

bigun

If this is a 3rd party collector, send a cease & desist letter {CRRR} telling them you do not want them to call you any longer. The only communication acceptable to you is, the mail. Obvisously, your b/f will be the one signing the letter.

S

Sweetipie1977

Thank you, I dont think it is a third party though. It is from the bank that issued him the card. I guess I will just have to keep my ringer turned off for awhile. thanks though :eek:)

JETX

Okay, sweetie, since you seem to be so brain dead that you cannot figure out how to use this forum... when tens of thousands have... I will help you out with providing a link to the search archives feature.... (you normally can get there by pressing the little button above that says 'search', but here it is.... just for you)...
https://forum.freeadvice.com/search.php

Then, once you are at the search engine.... enter a few keywords (min 4 characters long, separate with the word 'and'), then click on the button that says 'start search'. Guess what happens next.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">