• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit Insurance Question in BK

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HollyGolightly

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

This has been bugging me... I became unemployed in April of this year and have been paying my credit card bills every month (until, I ran out of money a few days ago). However, on 2 of my cards, I've been utilizing the "insurance" policy I paid on for years - to continue paying the minimum due each month. When I file Chapter 7, do I mention this policy anywhere? Will the insurance company be affected in any way by my BK? Coincidentally, one of the policies just made their last payment - until I send them a letter back telling them I'm either back to work or not - which I'm not. Do I advise the insurance companies of my BK filing since they're not a part of the actual credit card? GAAH! So confusing when you wake up at 2 a.m. with questions and you can't go back to sleep... Can't wait to file. Seriously!

Thanks for your advice - as always!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">