• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DLD2

GA It is my understanding that credit life insurance does
not allow health questions. I was turned down for credit mortgate insurance for health reasons.

D

DLD2

Credit Life Insurance

GA Thank you for your reply. The GA Insurance Regulators Office said the underwriting for credit life insurance is not regulated by Georgia Law. I do not believe this to be the case. I have read that credit life insurers basically do as they please because the laws of the State are not enforced.

The policy I applied for was a Group Policy offered by a major lender through an insurer in conection with the mortgage loans they underwrite. The premiums quoted are very high from what I understand because the insurer is required to pay out a minimum percent on their reserves, making this a very profitable business for an insurer.

This is why from what I understand, credit life insurance is required by most States to be guarenteed issue (as it is when you purchase credit life for credit card balances).

Is there any other source I can go to to look into this. Thank you again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">