• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit Laws?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bamaistheman

What is the name of your state? Florida/ Hi I just recently turned 18 on 07/28/84 and I am starting college later this month and I received a Invitation for a student credit card. So I applyed for it and it got rejected for the following reasons 1.SERIOUS DELINQUENCY AND PUBLIC RECORD, OR COLLECTION FILLED2.DEROGATORY CREDIT INFORMATION3.TOO FEW ACCOUNTS CURRENTLY PAID AS AGREED4.CURRENT DELIQUENT BALANCES OWED. I have 2 Questions 1. Don't you have to be of 18 years of age to have credit? 2. What does all of that mean?
Thank you.

bigun

I hate to say this but, it sounds as if you are a victim of ID fraud. Order a copy of your credit reports ASAP and see what's going on. In fact, you can get a free report from the CRA that the cc issuer used.

Ladynred

No, you don't have to be 18 to have a credit file. The question is, have you ever applied for a credit card or other credit ?? If you did, before you were 18, did you lie about your age to get the credit ?

If the answers are 'no', then you need to pull a copy of your credit report, from all 3 credit bureaus and find out what's on it. Since you were turned down for credit, you're entitled to the reports for FREE, otherwise they're $9 a piece.

If I were you, I'd do this ASAP. Errors DO happen, every single day. If the accounts shown are NOT yours, then you will have to dispute the entries and get it cleared up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">