• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit of minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tammy8

What is the name of your state? NC

My Stepson's mother has not been current in many accounts of hers...our home recieves several phones calls a week for her as we have a very usual last name (only 6 of us in this state and 1 includes biomother).

(BTW SS lives with my husband and I)

SS has mysteriously lost his ss card. At the ripe of age of 14 he is concerned that his mother would try something with his credit (kidddo wants to be an attorney one day is a sharp cookie!).

Should my husband run his son's SS# to see if any activity has occured on this (SS's mother had her own credit ruined at a minor age to her parents and we wonder if she is using the same tricks although they should be harder to perform in today's credit society).

Thanks, once again guys!!!!!

Ladynred

Simple answer - pull his credit reports ! If there's any credit fraud going on using his SSN, it'll show up there like a big red flag.
You should also take the time to put a fraud alert out with the credit bureaus just in case anyone DOES try to use his SSN.

tammy8

Thanks LIR!

It is a sad day that a 14yr old has to worry that suddenly he will have a $150K mortgage in his name--told you he is a sharp cookie!

Doing it first thing tomorrow!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">