• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

credit payment protection insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jenny0114

When I received my credit card account from Capital One, I also started paying for payment protection services. This insurance was paid every month for nearly 4 years. This spring I became uinemployed and decided to use my insurance. I was then informed that because I was a student and worked part-time that I was not entitled to any payment protection benefits. Based on this information I cancelled this insurance. I would like to know if I can at least get something out of all the payments I made while working a part-time job?

ALawyer

Carefully read the policy that you were paying for. Don't necessarily believe them when they said you were not covered as you were also a student (they may be right but it all depends on the EXACT policy language, and ambiguity will be construed in YOUR favor). If you were covcered then it may be bad faith on their part.

If not, unless the state insurance department helps, you won't get your money back. Lots of people buy insurance they don't need or understand, and I am sure there were other aspects of the coverage that you may have benefitted from IF circmstances arose.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">