• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit Report: Judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



Help !!!!!!!!

What is the name of your state? N.Y.
I have a judgement on my credit report for taxes I underpayed a few years ago. I'm going to pay this outstanding amount. How long will it take to remove the derogatory information from my report once the judgement is settled. What do I do if it isn't automatically withdrawn from my file. Thank you.
Last edited:


Senior Member
When you pay the judgment, be sure that you get a "Satisfaction of Judgment" form or some other document confirming that the debt is paid.

Then, send a copy of that documentation to the CRA (Credit Reporting Agency) and ask that they amend the report to show payment.

However, you should realize that the entire 'hit' will not just disappear. It will show that it was paid, but the 'hit' will remain for 7 years. Try to negotiate a low R rating when you pay the judgment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential