• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit Report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Black Cloud

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I have been clearing up my credit for almost 2 yrs. now. I get a copy of my credit report from all three credit bureaus about 3 times a year. There for a while I was getting a new report every month. We were purchasing a new home and I was making sure everything was looking good.

I received my Transunion credit report in August and it had something from AT&T Telecommunications/cellular as a "charge off/bad debt" Updated 06/03, opened 9/93, and closed 5/03. I have written to both AT&T back in August and have not received any answer. I got a reply from Transunion saying verified no change. I called AT&T and they said it's mine. Why all of a sudden is this showing up? For the past 2 yrs, this hasn't been on my credit report, but its from 1993?

I just received another report from Transunion today and another mysterious collection just happened to pop up... This is from a Hospital Updated 8/03 and placed 01/01. Both AT&T and this collection have not been on my report previously. I even pulled out my old reports and looked. They were never on there. When I called Transunion the lady said "are you sure they weren't there before". I know they weren't. What do I do, to get them removed. I am stumped on these.

Thanks

Last edited:

bigun

I'm sure you know derogs can be listed for 7 years. Date opened is different from date of last activity {DOLA}. If the chargeoffs were more than 7 years ago, dispute as out of date. If not, you may need to start the validation process.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">