• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

creditor has words with me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Quddus702

What is the name of your state?
MI

I have a personal injury case against me. I listed it on my bankruptcy. The lady who is has the suit against me doesn't live far from me. She saw me and approached me as to why am I trying to get out of paying her.

I was shocked as too is this even legal. She said no matter what she will get money out of me regardless of bankruptcy.

I filed a chapter 7 3 months ago. Does this lady have a leg to stand on?

S

seniorjudge

Quddus702 said:
What is the name of your state?
MI

I have a personal injury case against me. I listed it on my bankruptcy. The lady who is has the suit against me doesn't live far from me. She saw me and approached me as to why am I trying to get out of paying her.

I was shocked as too is this even legal. She said no matter what she will get money out of me regardless of bankruptcy.

I filed a chapter 7 3 months ago. Does this lady have a leg to stand on?
The lady can say anything she wants to you.

Quddus702

seniorjudge said:
The lady can say anything she wants to you.
But legally what can she do? I filed chapter 7. I have nothing to give her. She is claming that she will ge me regardless.

bigun

The creditor should not contact you at all after the bk has been filed. Forget it about it for now. From your other posts, you've bigger problems to deal with.
If the personal injury claim is the result of DUI or any other drugs/alcohol issue, it may not be discharged.
I gotta tell you, you're on the verge of screwing up so bad, I don't see why you'd want to proceed with a lawyer.

Quddus702

bigun said:
The creditor should not contact you at all after the bk has been filed. Forget it about it for now. From your other posts, you've bigger problems to deal with.
If the personal injury claim is the result of DUI or any other drugs/alcohol issue, it may not be discharged.
I gotta tell you, you're on the verge of screwing up so bad, I don't see why you'd want to proceed with a lawyer.

Naw this is not a DUI/drugs or anything like that. I was just in a minor Traffic accident. But the lady claimed all these so called injuries.

Ladynred

She said no matter what she will get money out of me regardless of bankruptcy.
If you manage to get thru and get your discharge, including this debt, there's not a damn thing she CAN do -- not without violating Federal law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">