• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

creditor's calls

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jakata

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I am having some financial problems due to my husband's job loss and my recent surgery. Although I have been paying my bills, some are late.

All of my creditors charge me a late fee, which I expect and understand that I know I have to pay for being late.

The one exception is a company that does collections for Sam's Club. They call early in the morning, before 9am and late at night, after 9pm. They called me once when my payment was 5 days late and demanded payment over the phone. Today they called my elderly parents house for this months payment which is 4 days late. Isn't it illegal for them to call my parents? This has really upset me and I emailed Sam' Club and they gave me a number to call.

Any ideas?

MommaOf4

Hi,
try posting under credit and collection problems, you might get more help there. The only thing I can tell you is to turn the ringer off and dont answer.

Amber

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">