• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal case is reversed. What happens next?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nancy34

Florida court.

I was held on indirect criminal contempt by Florida circuit court for violating a court order issued against me (and in favor of my ex wife) and I was placed in jail and then released later after serving time. I filed appeal for violating the following part of the rule 3.840(f): “Verdict; Judgment. At the conclusion of the hearing the judge shall sign and enter of record a judgment of guilty or not guilty”

Rules 3.840(a)-(e) were not violated. 3.840(f) was also violated but I am not concerned about that now.

The appeal court reversed the judgment. Now what will happen? Or the court simply call and give the same order (freshly signed and entered into record)? If there is a hearing, at what stage the hearing starts (starting from opening statements or from show cause order (i.e., 3.840(a)?). Can I file additional evidences or present new witnesses, etc in my favor (which I did not present last time) or the hearing will happen on the existing documents/witnesses only? Can I use the personal lessons/experience learned from earlier hearing and argue better to win at this time? If I lost again, can I go for appeal again?

Last edited:

quincy

Florida court.

I was held on indirect criminal contempt by Florida circuit court for violating a court order issued against me (and in favor of my ex wife) and I was placed in jail and then released later after serving time. I filed appeal for violating the following part of the rule 3.840(f): “Verdict; Judgment. At the conclusion of the hearing the judge shall sign and enter of record a judgment of guilty or not guilty”

Rules 3.840(a)-(e) were not violated. 3.840(f) was also violated but I am not concerned about that now.

The appeal court reversed the judgment. Now what will happen? Or the court simply call and give the same order (freshly signed and entered into record)? If there is a hearing, at what stage the hearing starts (starting from opening statements or from show cause order (i.e., 3.840(a)?). Can I file additional evidences or present new witnesses, etc in my favor (which I did not present last time) or the hearing will happen on the existing documents/witnesses only? Can I use the personal lessons/experience learned from earlier hearing and argue better to win at this time? If I lost again, can I go for appeal again?
You really should have an attorney in your area assisting you, especially if you hope to be more successful in court than you were previously.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">