• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Texas

I have a conviction of petty larceny back in 4/1994 in the state of Virginia. It was a college prank and I stole and I got caught and I learned my lesson. I have not done anything since then to get in trouble with the law. I recently applied for a position where they did a background check and they of course found it. I am concerned however that it said that the disposition was Fugitive File. I had a suspended sentence of 45 days and paid all my fines. Why would it say this and how should I go about getting this handled and possibly try to get record sealed since it has been 12 years ago?

Anyone have answers - much appreciate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential