• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal record and adjustment of status

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member

Your record could be a big problem, it depends on the maximum punishment possible, not what you got. Your AOS could be denied based on INA 212(a)(2)(A)(i). In that case you will need to fill out an I-601 waiver, but you should contact a lawyer to help you do that. I would contact lawyer that has experience with criminal AOS cases and preferably one that has done I-601 cases before.


Junior Member
Lawyers in Atlanta

Thanks lizzcannon! Does anybody out there know of real good and experienced lawyers in the atlanta area? Please help! :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential