• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

criminal trespass

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Willie D

Junior Member
I had a fellow convicted of criminal trespass in Ouachita County Arkansas and he filed an appeal. No one bothered to notify me and in spite of periodically checking on the case for just such an occurrence was never told anything. The next thing I know he is back on my property within the year. I hold him there until Law Enforcement arrives and I am informed my restraining order is not valid and he has no record of a criminal trespass conviction and they can’t arrest him on the spot because, well, they don’t know if it is my property. After some digging I find out his attorney, the judge (not the original trail judge) and some unknown attorney representing the State had a meeting and the attorney representing the State made an “oral Motion to dismiss” thereby causing the dismissal with prejudice of the conviction. Know one will own up to being the attorney who made the motion to dismiss. I have three names but I really don’t know exactly what happened. No one seems know anything if you know what I mean.
I would like to file a complaint against the attorney, whomever that is, and have the conviction reinstated since it was with prejudice and file six more criminal trespass charges against him. Everything I got. I held back in hopes one charge would suffice. What gives?


Senior Member
If you are asking if a victim in a criminal case is required to get notice of an appeal to a court of appeals, the answer is generally no.

If the case has been dismissed with prejudice, then don't beat a dead horse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential