• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

criminal trespass

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I was given a criminal trespass charge for jumping onto a football field at the end of the game. I cannot believe it is a class b misdemeanor. I would also like to try to settle the issue w/o a lawyer b/c i dont have a lot of $. Is there anyway to contact the prosecutor of my case and arrange an out-of- court plea bargain? I think the whole case is blown out of proportion and a waste of taxpayer money. I would ideally like to get it reduced to a class c and then get deferred adjudication. Is that plausible? I also would not hesitate to do community service in exchange for a reduction. Please tell me if you think i could negotiate a deal and if so, how do i find out who the prosecutor is and how i would contact him/her.



You may not have a lot of money but you need an attorney to help you. I don't know of any prosecutor who would speak to an accused who didn't have an attorney about a possible plea bargain. If you don't have enough money to pay for an attorney you can get appointed counsel through the court. Otherwise you take your chances making your plea to the judge directly but I have no optimism that the court will give you the outcome you desire without your having an attorney speak for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential