• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Crooked Baby Mama

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

carlos'wife

What is the name of your state? MICHIGAN

My husband went to court for show cause last month. They adjourned the case because he had filed for custody. My stepdaughter has been with us since February 4th and for at least 4 months every year for the past 3 years.

When he returned yesterday for show cause they found out that the ex has opened two cases, one in Ohio where she resides and one in Michigan where we reside. Not only that but she has been emailing the courts requesting he be incarcerated for nonpayment even while we have her child!

He has been paying but not the full requested amount per week because we have expenses for her while she is living with us.
The courts have finally realized that she is playing games and dismissed his show cause but not the two cases yet.

They both are due in court on August 24th regarding the two cases. Can anyone tell me what are my husband's chances of 1) winning the custody battle and sueing her for CS and 2) having his balance corrected and frozen so he can pay for the time she wasn't with us only?
Any other info is also welcome.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">