• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Crooked Lender?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rholmansep

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NC
Does anyone know how to go after my lender?
Detail: I purchased a home in 1999 and the loan amount was 34100. I have made 5 years of payments and when I requested the payoff amount it was 35806 :eek:
Considering the fact I have never missed a payment what do I do. I am assuming they have an accounting department.The lender is Greentree/Conseco, or whatever they are calling themselves.
Are they trying to rip me off, what do I need to do?
Thanks

Sounds like you have a daily interest loan. Check your loan documents to see how your interest is calculated. Or perhaps you have a pre-payment penalty.

rholmansep

I wish it were that simple

NC
It is not a daily interest loan, and I thought there was no prepayment penalty after 5 years. Is there a way I can make the lender provide documentation to justify the excessive payoff? Does anyone know how to go about it?

Conseco/Greentree are a bunch of idiots.....I paid them off 2 years ago, questioned the amount as being too high, but paid it anyway to close my new loan. About 10 days later, I recieved a refund check for 'overpayment'. Make sure you have cancelled any ancillary products (like the life insurance they try to pack in there) then get a written quote and a per diem interest rate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">