• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cross Collateralization

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SherryCherry

What is the name of your state?FL

I have a question about CU's and cross collateralization. We signed up for a credit card with our CU in about 92, and in 2002 got a car loan from them. I have read my loan paperwork from the car and there is NO mention of cross colleralization but I don't have the credit card paper work (who saves that crap, I mean before something like this happens). What kind of recourse do we have if we weren't aware of the clause? I have my attorney working on this, and I know it takes time to get the paper work from the bank but I really would like to put my mind to rest. Will I have to return my car to the CU? We were trying to reaffirm the loan but as I said they seem determined to get ALL of their money. I know they are in the money business and I am the one that defaulted. I feel like public enemy #1!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">