• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cross state extradition, civil contempt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Let's see now . . . When seeking advice as to whether or not a person can be arrested in one state and transported to a sister state for the purpose of answering charges of criminal contempt pending in a federal district court of the sister state the following information will be helpful: (Some paraphrasing and emphasis added)

(1) "A lot of factors go into whether a STATE will demand extradition."

(2) "The location of the STATES involved matters"

(3) "If there are multiple defendants to be retrieved from a STATE (matters.)"

(4) "The defendant can sit in jail while a STATE debates whether to extradite or not."

"The longer I live the more I see I am never wrong about anything and that all the pains I've humbly taken to justify my notions have only wasted my time." (George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950)

Pardon me for mentioning it, but you and the renowned Irish playwright appear to differ somewhat in the suffering of such pains!
What you quoted were my responses to LdiJ’s statement that “states will generally not extradite..”

For Dalton, the proper venue is the court in the district which issued the order.

I’ve seen that you have been struggling the last few days to either find fault with my previous statements or to find a good place for the Shaw quote you located, Litigator, but I am afraid you missed the mark here. There was nothing wrong in what I wrote - although I always appreciate your literary quotes. :)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">