• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cruelty/defamation of char/entrapment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pewing

Ohio: In Sept. I started working at my present management position. It was a new environment for me, but the basics of business practice applied. There were a lot of undefined responsibilities and expectations of me and my staff. As I waded through all this, I found the end of the string and began to unravel. During this time, I was not aware of how other mgmt staff members were reacting. My focus was on my work.
Finally one day it became a reality when a man burst into my office during a staff meeting and began yelling and making demands. His level of anger was so severe I caled the police. At that time, the owner was not in the office, but at yearlt convention. The remaining manager in the office stood behind the man shaking her head up and down in agreement.
Since that time, there has been incident after incident where I will be in meetings and the source of the meeting is putting me in a positon where I have to continuosly defend myself, account for everything I am doing, and listen to the most absurd accusations that have never entered my mind.
After repeatedly going through this my health began to suffer and after looking at this situation objectively I see this is not new behaviour from these people. After being silent for so long, I could no longer allow this abuse to continue. During one of the meetings, I raised my voice and said F---, which instantly put everyone in a spiritual mode, and began spouting about professional behaviour, etc. My mind was on fire and my heart was coming out of pores.
This treatment cannot be explained with the intensity in which it is given, and it just esclates. There may be calm, but there is always another upset, and each one gets more and more severe.
I think being at the point I am, my reactions are not inclined to get any calmer, only more outburst oriented.
Legally, rhis is a he said she said issue, I am of course without any support with these people, I stand alone.
Do I have any recourse here?

PJE

ALawyer

As it seems -- with the benefit of hindsight -- your conduct was uncalled for you probably should look elesewhere. You lost it, and with that, the support essential to succeed there -- assuming that success was ever possible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">