• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CS Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? dc

In a previous post, I stated how the father forgot to pay his CS when he dropped off child. And when I called him, he got mad, but returned and brought the CS but started to argue. Recently he told me he is not coming to pickup child on next visit, ironically on the same day CS is due because he has something to do. I decided not to remind him because of course, I didnt want to engage in an arguement. What if CS is not received? and should I note that he voluntarily missed a scheduled visitation?

seniorjudge

In a previous post, I stated how the father forgot to pay his CS when he dropped off child. And when I called him, he got mad, but returned and brought the CS but started to argue. Recently he told me he is not coming to pickup child on next visit, ironically on the same day CS is due because he has something to do. I decided not to remind him because of course, I didnt want to engage in an arguement. What if CS is not received? and should I note that he voluntarily missed a scheduled visitation?
Post your questions in the first thread you started.

fairisfair

If he fails to pay his support, then you can petition to have the support enforced. By the way, generally the courts will not take any action until a parent is 60 days or more in arrears. and in fact, you may be prevented from even filing until he is 30 days in arrears.

As for him missing his visitation, you can note it all you want. Visitation is a priviledge, not an obligation.

If his support is somehow tied to his parenting time, then it will take a lot more than a few missed visits to make any difference. But yes, in that case you should begin documenting.

Not the greatest idea, by the way, to ruin both his and your child's visits with issues of support.:(

Why did you delete it? And if you deleted it, why should we waste our time responding to this one?
you are correct. I aplologize, but is seem to be getting so far off topic. the other post wasnt a CS issue, but more about him picking up and dropping off in front of my home.

fairisfair

you are correct. I aplologize, but is seem to be getting so far off topic. the other post wasnt a CS issue, but more about him picking up and dropping off in front of my home.
whn you delete threads you eliminate information for future posters.

you are free to LOCK the thread if it gets off topic.

OhReally?

Why isn't CS being deducted? Do you even have a court order?

CJane

Why isn't CS being deducted? Do you even have a court order?
Back story - OP and her ex are operating under temp orders. Ex is ordered to pay her directly once/month. He has opted instead to pay e/o week when he picks up the child.

SuperMomma~ Regardless of the 'due date' of CS, your ex will not be considered 'late' on child support until AFTER the 'due date' the FOLLOWING MONTH. He has the entire period in which to pay support. AND THEN, usually before the state will really get involved, he'd have to be about 90 days behind - without paying ANYTHING AT ALL.

AND THEN enforcement takes forever.

Since you're under temp orders, just log the info and wait til court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">