• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CSEA "Primer"-All 50 States Covered (& Territories)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What is the name of your state? All US States

Here's a handy-dandy link that explains what and why a CSEA can and does what they do, including information on:.
# A. General/State-At-A-Glance
# B. UIFSA (Uniform Interstate Family Support Act)
# C. Reciprocity
# D. Age of Majority
# E. Statute of Limitations
# F. Support Details
# G. Income Withholding
# H. Paternity
# I. Support Order Establishment
# J. Support Enforcement
# K. Modification and Review/Adjustment
# L. Lump Sum Payments

http://ocse.acf.hhs.gov/ext/irg//sps/selectastate.cfm

Our tax money at work.... :p

I just wanted to thank you for this post. It provided some information I was unaware of, or at least, seems to contradict another KRS statute if I am reading it correctly. Off to do some research.

Last edited:

fairisfair

What is the name of your state? All US States

Here's a handy-dandy link that explains what and why a CSEA can and does what they do, including information on:.
# A. General/State-At-A-Glance
# B. UIFSA (Uniform Interstate Family Support Act)
# C. Reciprocity
# D. Age of Majority
# E. Statute of Limitations
# F. Support Details
# G. Income Withholding
# H. Paternity
# I. Support Order Establishment
# J. Support Enforcement
# K. Modification and Review/Adjustment
# L. Lump Sum Payments

http://ocse.acf.hhs.gov/ext/irg//sps/selectastate.cfm

Our tax money at work.... :p
Thanks for posting this again, I think most of us seniors have and use this as a tool. Silverplum has posted the link on several occasions. It is always nice to have someone remember to give it to the newer posters.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I thought it was a informative site... A post with the link should be a sticky on this forum. I think it'd help a lot of folks who have questions about their state's CSEA, but aren't sure where to start. :)

Isis1

I found this site to be waaaaaaaay interesting and will probably being reading this thing for the most part of the week. awesome Geekess:D

i did have one question. mostly to the seniors...

"attempted to marry and the child is born during the attempted marriage or within 300 days of termination of marriage or cohabitation"

what on earth does attempted marriage mean??:confused:

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I found this site to be waaaaaaaay interesting and will probably being reading this thing for the most part of the week. awesome Geekness:D

i did have one question. mostly to the seniors...

"attempted to marry and the child is born during the attempted marriage or within 300 days of termination of marriage or cohabitation"

what on earth does attempted marriage mean??:confused:
It means that for some reason the marriage was not legal -- license was not filed, turns out one was committing bigamy or for some other reason unable to legally marry...

Isis1

It means that for some reason the marriage was not legal -- license was not filed, turns out one was committing bigamy or for some other reason unable to legally marry...
ty OhioGal. that was definitely something new to learn.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">