• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Curioisity hit me.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wtfbruh132

I live in idaho.
My boyfriend got arrested for possession and he was already on parole for burglary. He had 7 years left on parole but then he got the new charge. He hasnt had is hearing yet but my question was, What is the most possible outcome of this situation?

FlyingRon

His parole can be revoked and go back to jail for the rest of his sentence. He can be convicted and sentenced to additional time for the possession charge. On the other hand, a lawyer may be able to clear him of the possession charge and mitigate the implications to his parole.

He needs an attorney, big time.

TigerD

I live in idaho.
My boyfriend got arrested for possession and he was already on parole for burglary. He had 7 years left on parole but then he got the new charge. He hasnt had is hearing yet but my question was, What is the most possible outcome of this situation?
The most possible outcome for this situation as it relates to you is: He is subject to warrantless searches. Something will eventually be found during such a search. You will find yourself facing charges/eviction/loss of your job/humiliation/and other such consequences. Your boyfriend is not going to rise up to a higher level - it is far more likely that he will pull you down and get you tied up with law violations/bad credit/ and problems with other criminals/methheads. You become the people with whom you choose to associate. Make better choices.

quincy

I live in idaho.
Here is a link to possible penalties for violating Utah’s Controlled Substances Act:
https://le.utah.gov/xcode/Title58/Chapter37/58-37-S8.html
What happens to your boyfriend and his parole depends on several factors, including the facts of his possession charge. He should be speaking only to the attorney he has hired to represent him (or who has been appointed him by the court).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">