• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Curious and naive, to be honest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? state is arizona.

First off, I grew up in various countries overseas, so I have absolutely no idea how the legal system works in the US, but yes, I am american, for those of you who want to know.

Basically, I made a friend 9 months ago. After preventing him from committing suicide on a couple occasions, I grew bored and annoyed with him, so I asked him to please leave me alone. He refused, and that was the first refusal to stop contacting me of more than 20 to come in the next 8 months. For your info, he called me everyday during that time, except when I was overseas for two months during the summer, at least 5 times everyday, usually more. I asked him nicely to leave me alone, to at least stop calling so often, but it never worked. Recently, in the past month or so, I have been getting very upset with him, seeing as how he listens to nothing I say. He comes over to my house unannounced to tell me what a terrible person I am. In one evening in the past two weeks, he showed up and pounded on my doorbell for 1/2 hour periods three times in about 3 hours, because I would not answer the door and let him in. He has forced me to have sex with him. He has created false personalities, where he pretends to be me and chatted with people, saying untrue statements. This was when things were peachy keen, by the way. He claims he will make me pay for what I did to him, although all I have done is not like him. I know he has a gun, he has told me many times, and by now I'm just totally unsure of what to do. I know he could hurt me, but I have no proof of anything except for a three day period when I logged his 20 or so calls. I've contacted his cammander, since he is in the AF, and his cammander did nothing. Also, I was impregnated by him about 6 weeks ago and he is getting some sort of order so that I cannot have an abortion, even though neither he nor I could support a child, and I KNOW neither of us is responsible enough. I should most likely get a restraining order, but like I said, I don't know how to go about this. Any information and advice would be helpful, the other threads have already clued me in a bit. Thank you for your time, and I appreciate any response very much.


Senior Member
contact the local police and report the rape. contact the military police and report the rape. If you arent letting him into your house how did he have sex with you?

nothing is stopping you from getting an abortion, except you.

go to court and get a restraining order against him. The court personnel will give you the documents to prepare. you should also contact a domestic abuse hotline for advise.

next time he comes to your place, CALL THE POLICE!!!!!!!!!!


State is still Arizona...

Okay, thanks for your help on that matter. Now I have another question. The person I'm having problems with is deciding to take out his anger on me for everything that's ever gone worng in his life. He is sending false emails to my friends and relatives claiming untrue facts, and I'm afraid of what else he might do concerning people I know. Is there any lawful way to stop a person from sending harmful emails, letters, etc.? Or is that just his right so there is nothing you can do to prevent it? Again, I'd appreciate any response.


I'm sorry to hear that you are going through this. I have been and still are going through a similar situation.

I believe your friends and family would have to keep the emails and letters and file harrassment charges against him. They also could file a restraining order against him if they wished.

Something that hopefully will help me...I have kept a log of all contact, whether it be over the phone or in person, with my ex and taped our phone conversations. In my state only one party to the conversation must know about the taping (that's me) for it to be legal. Check with your state statues to see if your state is a one party or two party state.

If i can be of further help, please let me know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential