• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custodial Ex Fled With Child . . . .

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

best_4_children

What is the name of your state? Ohio

- child back in home state, ex not (which is GOOD!). I was never informed of any of this occuring. Up until about 6 mo. ago by daughter.

divorced for 10 years - 1 child of that - ex has custody. I am remarried with additional kids. Ex remarried, had additional kids with that husband. Ex divorced again and when she did, lost custody of the additional kids due to that husband pursuing custody and lewid & lacivious acts. After that 2nd divorce, Ex moved with my child to another state without notifying me. Child, now 12, did not like life in other state (lived there approx. 1 yr.) with mom due to watching her "lifestyle" and being left continuously alone to walk streets so now is living with maternal grandparents. I was never notified of any of this until said daughter contacted me AFTER she came back to home state with g. parents. Ex still living in the other state has minimal, at best contact with daughter.

Did she "kidnap" daughter? Does that constitute that? Can that be used in my favor. Does the statute of limitations still cover this having occured 2 yrs ago? Can I obtain custody of daughter? Can she (ex) simply sign a statement agreeing to this and have it entered as a judgement or does it have to go through the entire hearing process.

I am current and more on my child support which, incidentally, is going to the mother in another state despite child living with g. parents in this state. I have a great relationship with daughter and have had since birth. My family is supportive of welcoming her in, including my wife. We have a strong and stable marriage.

ANY Insight, help, info, good attorneys, etc. appreciated GREATLY!!!!!

B

best_4_children

I/we do intend to do so. I guess I am just wondering what my chances are and if I have a solid case. But, I guess that will remain to be seen . . . .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">