• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custody At Death

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flygrl

What is the name of your state? OHIO

I am the sole legal custodian to my children. Can I decide who the children go to in the event of my death or do they automatically go to their father?

cvg

T

titansfan

dad does

dad has the right to custody of his children over anyone else.

rmet4nzkx

flygrl said:
What is the name of your state? OHIO

I am the sole legal custodian to my children. Can I decide who the children go to in the event of my death or do they automatically go to their father?

cvg
You are custodal parent, dad is Non custodal parent, he has not lost any rights to the children, nor have you won the game you are playing. If you die, dad automatically gets the children and the step mother you hate so much could adopt them :) Incentive for taking care of yourself.

flygrl

Well, I don't know what game it is you think I am playing. You just sound like a bitter parent.

If there is a "game", then the one I am winning is called being the reponsible parent. I am the one who is here for the children come rain or shine - not the one who abandonded his children.

If my X was any kind of a parent - he would not let his wife treat his children this way.

Regardless of how they feel about me - to take it out on the children is unacceptable.

CVG

T

titansfan

hes still dad regardless of how you feel about him

:rolleyes: well, YOU choose HIM to be the father of your children, so its a little late to start complaining about it now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">