• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

custody for father?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bjhulch

What is the name of your state? oklahoma
can a parent take a child from another parent and keep that child until they go to court to establish custody?

tigger22472

bjhulch said:
can a parent take a child from another parent and keep that child until they go to court to establish custody?

Depending on other details, yes this could happen. Again depending on details will depend on how a judge would look at it.

Shay-Pari'e

tigger22472 said:
Depending on other details, yes this could happen. Again depending on details will depend on how a judge would look at it.
I would love for Titansfan to answer this. ;)

LdiJ

bjhulch said:
Based on what little information you gave in your other thread, I can't imagine a stupider thing for your son to try.

bjhulch

LdiJ said:
Based on what little information you gave in your other thread, I can't imagine a stupider thing for your son to try.
the reason my son would like to get custody is... the mother lives with her grandparents and her grandfather molested her mother when she was a little girl and my son thinks that her grandfather may have messed with her also.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
CPS = Child Protective Services

bjhulch said:
the childs mother and her mother (the person molested) told me and my son about it. they both said they had forgave him.
Do you really think that they'd testify to this? The kind of proof he'd need would be conviction records.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
It would really help if you stuck to one thread.

Your son needs to file for visitation, etc.

T

titansfan

how can we answer your ? when you dont give enough details?

we need more details before we can answer your question. were you and the mother married? was paternity established or did you sign the bc? are there any custody/visitation orders in place now?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
titansfan said:
we need more details before we can answer your question. were you and the mother married? was paternity established or did you sign the bc? are there any custody/visitation orders in place now?
Do you read the entire thread before posting? Just curious.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">