• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custody, Foster, or Adoption.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JIM0621

:( Custody, Foster, or Adoption. What is the name of your state?Michigan
I was wondering if anyone could provide me with some information. My wife and I take care of my wife's cousins children from time to time. The problem is both of the childrens parents are hardly around. The only time the mother is around is when there is money involved. The only time the father is around is whenever his mother want to cause trouble. The father is abusive and the mother neglectful. My question is how do I go about seeking custody and/or fostering these children? I have been in the system and know that it is not a very nice place to be. I do not want to see these children suffer anymore. These children are come to us sick and leave us healthy. It is a repetitive cycle. They get better and when they go back they regress. Please let me know if there is anyway to remedy this problem.

Thank You in advance,
JIM

Last edited:

seniorjudge

You need to get a good family law attorney and file for custody; you will have to prove that the kids are abandoned or neglected under your state law.

This is not a do-it-yourself project and the outcome is hardly certain.

JIM0621

Frustrated

Here is the other problem. My wife's aunt is the one who cares for them unbeknownst to the courts though. She is willing to deal with the girl but doesn't want the boy. Her husband yells and hits the boy for taking his toys back from his sister that he was playing with in the first place.The whole situation is making other involved irritated. Needless to say this side of the family has some issues.(mental) I am so lost. Any advice would be helpful.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">