• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CUSTODY IN CALIFORNIA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eljess626

What can I do if my wife is making false accusation of me hitting her when we have been apart for 2 weeks today if it wasent for my kids being with me I would of went to jail after hearing my kids side of story the officers came to a conclusion that she was lying I dont want to be threaten by her all the time so she can win battle

Just Blue

What can I do if my wife is making false accusation of me hitting her when we have been apart for 2 weeks today if it wasent for my kids being with me I would of went to jail after hearing my kids side of story the officers came to a conclusion that she was lying I dont want to be threaten by her all the time so she can win battle
Are the children you and your wifes? How old are the children?Have you filed for divorce? How long were you married?

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Always have witnesses present when exchanging the kids. A police station, perhaps.

Avoid being around her, unless there are adults unrelated to both of you present.

CdwJava

If this is a problem I suggest never exchanging the children without a witness. If at all possible, have the exchange OBVIOUSLY (to avoid any criminal allegations) recorded by said witness. Be polite, pass on only information must be passed along regarding the children's health, upcoming activities or appointments, and leave any snipes, gripes, snide commentary, or anything not related to the kids' immediate welfare out of the discussion.

Exchanging children in a public area that is recorded is fine ... maybe ... but, not all cameras are monitored, some are not recorded, and just about all of them will lack any audio component.

I recall one exchange every other week in my area that got to the point of ridiculous. Parties from 75 miles south and 75 miles north would meet in a gas station parking lot for the exchange. The respective entourages grew to 2-3 cars each, handheld video cameras, and mom and dad making the exchange as if they were cautiously approaching a red hot iron. One or both would then make loud and public proclamations that they did not strike or say anything to the other, even as their respective entourages would hurl insults and accusations at each other. It would have been hilarious if not for the two small and terrified (and likely psychologically scarred) children stuck in the middle of that circus of immature family members.

@eljess626, hopefully you and your co-parent can be better than the circus.

Last edited:

LdiJ

If this is a problem I suggest never exchanging the children without a witness. If at all possible, have the exchange OBVIOUSLY (to avoid any criminal allegations) recorded by said witness. Be polite, pass on only information must be passed along regarding the children's health, upcoming activities or appointments, and leave any snipes, gripes, snide commentary, or anything not related to the kids' immediate welfare out of the discussion.

Exchanging children in a public area that is recorded is fine ... maybe ... but, not all cameras are monitored, some are not recorded, and just about all of them will lack any audio component.

I recall one exchange every other week in my area that got to the point of ridiculous. Parties from 75 miles south and 75 miles north would meet in a gas station parking lot for the exchange. The respective entourages grew to 2-3 cars each, handheld video cameras, and mom and dad making the exchange as if they were cautiously approaching a red hot iron. One or both would then make loud and public proclamations that they did not strike or say anything to the other, even as their respective entourages would hurl insults and accusations at each other. It would have been hilarious if not for the two small and terrified (and like psychologically scarred) children stuck in the middle of that circus of immature family members.

@eljess626, hopefully you and your co-parent can be better than the circus.
I have seen some similar circuses. Some people just thrive on drama even when it hurts their children.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">