• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custody Issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

snglmom31

What is the name of your state? MD

I have trial next month and it is scheduled for two days. I was wondering how long a trial day normally lasts? Is it two half days or two whole days?

I also wanted to know what the chances of a father getting full or shared custody of an toddler is?

B

Boxcarbill

There is no set number of days for trial. The attorneys tell the Judge how long they anticipate that it will take to try their case and the judge allows for that period of time on the trial docket.

The outcome of any case depends upon the facts of the particular case. When one only hears one person's version of the facts, the case is generally going to appear favorable to the person who is telling the story. However, witnesses from both parties in the case are heard from and all witnesses are subject to cross examination. That is how the facts are determined and facts determine outcome.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">