• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custody Modification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


hound dog

What is the name of your state? tx
Ok my 12 yr, old twins wants to come live with me. Their mother agree and she saids that she will sign the custody agreement we have agreed on everything. So what happens at the last min that she refuses to sign? Does she have to get a lawyer to fight me? She is so unpretictable. She saids she will but I just have this feeling. My attorney tells me that the girs have to be 11 to beable to chose. Well I did not want it to get ugly but what happens if she refuse to sign the order what happens after that ?


Senior Member
If she refuses to sign, you file for a custody modification, go to court and let the judge decide. Nothing can change a court order but another court order. Unless she can prove you are an unfit parent, you probably have a good chance considering the ages of the children, their maturity and what they say to the judge. Of course nothing is written in stone, just because the guidelines might say a child can chose at 11 doesn't mean a judge will follow along with that. Sooooo yup, could be a real nasty expensive custody battle. Ugghh!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential