• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custody modification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sonny1965

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? TN

My ex moved last October to upstate NY. I am trying to get full custody of my little girl who is 6. They live in the boyfriend's house. My daughter who was in for her summer visit explained to me she no longer wanted to live there. The Divorce was in Tennessee. Will the jusrisdiction remain here? Thanks in advance

snostar

Mom would have to file and be granted a change of jurisdiction. If you are wanting to file a modification you would do so in TN.

T

titansfan

your daughter doesnt decide where she is going to live

and btw, six year olds dont get to decide where they live. period. so unless you have proof of abuse or negelct, you have no chance of getting custody.

HCR

titansfan doesn't have a clue

Titansfan,

Are you a judge in this man's case?? I agree that kids don't get to decide where they go. That is also entirely irrelevant. This father has already decided that he wants to go ahead and do this.

Changing living locations doesn't mean making the other parent unfit or abusive, it means having a better situation for the child.

For the sake of people who come here looking for correct, well thought out answers, pls stop posting your incorrect, unhelpful info.

Because unless you have a crystal ball, you have no right to say this man has no chance.

sign me, annoyed

HCR

Shay-Pari'e

titansfan said:
and btw, six year olds dont get to decide where they live. period. so unless you have proof of abuse or negelct, you have no chance of getting custody.
And BTW, that is irrelevant. As usual, you did not read the post, and get off on your repetitive answers.

You are a danger to this forum and should be banned.

Babysitting you is getting expensive.

Last edited:

Shay-Pari'e

Sonny1965 said:

My ex moved last October to upstate NY. I am trying to get full custody of my little girl who is 6. They live in the boyfriend's house. My daughter who was in for her summer visit explained to me she no longer wanted to live there. The Divorce was in Tennessee. Will the jusrisdiction remain here? Thanks in advance
As Snoster stated, TN has jurisdiction,unless you are not telling us something. Did she get NY to grant jurisdiction? If not, please seek any and all motions in TN.

Last edited:
--PARIDISE-- said:
And BTW, there was no mention of where the child wanted to reside. As usual, you did not read the post, and get off on your repetitive answers.

You are a danger to this forum and should be banned.

Babysitting you is getting expensive.
Actually he did state that she no longer wanted to live at the mother's boyfriends house.... who wasn't reading there???

Sonny1965 said:

They live in the boyfriend's house. My daughter who was in for her summer visit explained to me she no longer wanted to live there.

HCR

While it is true that the child did state that she didn't want to live there anymore, the father started his post stating that he was
I am trying to get full custody of my little girl who is 6.
Therefore, whether the child stated where she wanted to live or not, he has decided to fight this battle, and that is where the advice needed to be directed. Because he didn't ask if the 6 year old decided, :rolleyes: rather, what he needed to do to get started.

:D

HCR

Shay-Pari'e

solutions41201 said:
Actually he did state that she no longer wanted to live at the mother's boyfriends house.... who wasn't reading there???
Actually, I did bypass that comment, because it has no relevance. I see you are now in the "STALKING MODE".......

Thanks for being a fan!!

Last edited:
--PARIDISE-- said:
Actually, I did bypass that comment, because it has no relevance. I see you are now in the "STALKING MODE".......

Thanks for being a fan!!
Yeah, no prob... just trying to make you feel special. lol.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">