• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

custody question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



in ny..how hard would it be to change a joint custody agreement to a sole custody agreement?..my ex has some shall we say "addiction issues" and has been too self absorbed to pay much attention to my sons needs...she was charged with neglect and had to go through court ordered counciling and rehab, but recently I found out that she has fallen off the wagon..i dont want my son subjected to her lifestyle during visitations...any thoughts?..thanx..



You could petition the court for supervised visits. You will need to get proof that she has "fallen off the wagon", especially where they found neglect on her part. I strongly suggest supervised visits. Joint custody and sole custody hmmmm. I think the best thing is to go for supervised visits at least the child will still see the mom. If mom is clean say 1year, change it back to regular visits. I hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential