• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? oklahoma
Ex has custody of kids, i get them on weekends, holidays and such. Question, at what age do the kids have to be to make the decision to live with me instead, without going through the courts?
Can they legally move in with me permantally when they are 16 or 18?


Under the Radar Member
If your ex agrees, any age they are. If your ex doesn't agree - they don't generally get to choose until they're 18. A judge decides.


Senior Member
Even if you can agree - don't just move the kids in, take it through the courts.

Other than the "official papers" modifying custody, the support order needs to be modified. Visitation needs to be established for the ex.

It needs to be filed with the courts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential